Tuesday, April 28, 2015

How firm a Foundation

HOLA!  :)

Well there are several hymns that I love. But I think with time what I have found to be my favorite is How firm a Foundation. And I especially love verse 7.

"The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!"

“Al alma que anhele la paz que hay en mí,
no quiero, no puedo dejar en error;
yo lo sacaré de tinieblas a luz,
y siempre guardarlo, y siempre guardarlo,
y siempre guardarlo con grande amor.”

And in Spanish I love that it ends saying I will always guard it with great love.

If we focus on where are we firmly grounded, when the trials come pounding in they will be easier to handle.


We had a Multi Zone Conference this past week. AND we finally saw Meet the Mormons (Conozca a los Mormones).
This movie was first released in the United States, then Canada, then MEXICO!  :)
We encouraged people we were teaching to go and watch it. It was amusing because we were telling people to watch it before we had even seen it. The mission ordered one for us to see, but it got stolen or "lost" in the mail system here. Well hopefully lots of people are enjoying it once it is "found".  :) 


​Ah I love this sister! Hermana Martinez, from the Dominican Republic. She is one of the sisters that I click with best from our Zone.


​We had cake with Ana for her birthday. It will be hard leaving this area, because I have come to love her and her family so much!  :)

I love you all and hope that you have a fabulous week! Remember or recheck where is your foundation of who you really are? Or where should it be moved to?

Love Always,
                    Hermana Smith   



No comments:

Post a Comment