Saturday, January 4, 2014

'I dropped an orange at 10 pm'

Hola,

Well for New Years as missionaries you have to get creative. So I pondered and thought about what we could do. So you know how in New York at Times Square, they drop the ball at Midnight. Well all the Hermanas in my zone gathered round at 10 PM (it was midnight somewhere, but we had to be in bed by 10:30 to make curfew, and I am suppose to set a good example as DL & STL). So at 9:59 we began the countdown to 10 PM. I got on a couch and raised the orange (that I lovingly took from the Cafeteria) to the ceiling and slammed it down to bring in the New Year. It cracked the skin of it, and I squeezed it to make some nice Orange Juice for an Hermana. We had Martinelli's Sparkling Cider, Chips and Salsa, Cinnamon Rolls, and other random treats provided by the Hermana's in our Zone. So I get it... you think we were crazy wild, and we like to think that we were too.  ;)  But there is only so much that you can do when you need (choose to by Agency) to keep curfew and be as Missionary-like as possible to ring in the New Year. And I literally dove on my mattress right at 10:30, and slept soundly to welcome in the New Year.

They disabled the ability to attach photos and videos from West Campus now in e-mails. So I will talk around to other people and find out where the weak spot is, I think there is a place on Main Campus that we can still, so I will try to wander there today so I can send you a video that I made for you all yesterday, and some more pictures to keep you in the loop of the freshness here at the MTC.

Oh last Sunday after the Sunday Night Devotional we were able to choose what talks or short videos we wanted to watch. So me and my Companion chose to watch 'The Character of Christ' from Elder Bednar. And WHOO Bednar did it again, it blew my mind! It was humbling, he broke my heart, and then he lifted and changed it. I tried to find a link to share it with you all, but I think it is just an MTC thing. My Teacher said it might be available through BYU-Idaho but just in print form. So you should FOR SURE look it up if you can find it anywhere and let me know.  :)  

I can't even express to you how much my mind and heart has grown since I have been at the MTC for just this two weeks and three days, it is unreal. I remember pridefully thinking before I came, "Oh yeah... people say they change on their mission, oh cool, I already do the church basics, I'm not sure what else is in it for me, I mean I know I will learn to love the people but really... it can't get that deep." Well slappity-slap of humility! Because even like day two from being here I have changed, the Gospel is an AMAZING gift and if we implement it properly in our lives we can create and witness miracles!

I Love you all dearly, I pray for you in my shaky Spanish each night. I want you to know that God is aware of your needs, he is willing to pour out blessings in great abundance! BUT, you do need to turn to him.

Love Always,
                    The Redheaded Hermana Smith     

No comments:

Post a Comment