Friday, January 24, 2014

A Better Beauty

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Well earlier this week there was an emotional night for our District, but it was also really good. An Hermana in our District was having a rough time, she was having a hard time viewing herself in a positive way, and had a lot of negative things to say about herself and how she viewed herself. Which that breaks my heart, but it brought a great opportunity for us to grow closer as a District. We were all able to bear testimony of our individual worth as God's children. I told her that while she was listing negative things about herself, that I had been looking at the picture of Christ that was on their desk. And I told her that I imagined if he was standing there as she said those things about herself, that he would have held her face in his hands, and wiped away her tears. He would have told her a thousand ways why she is perfect. She is doing all the things right that she can right now, she is a servant of God, and a representative of Jesus Christ. She should feel happy with who she is, especially as a missionary. I told her that when I viewed a picture of myself (the first picture of myself here as a missionary) - that typical me would first notice if my outfit matched, how my curves looked, if I even had curves, and if my hair was out of place in anyway. But that the first time I saw myself in a picture as a missionary, the first thing I noticed about myself was my eyes, I glowed like I never had before. And I was shocked that I could notice that in myself. And I know that it is the light of Christ, because I am set apart to represent him. I continued to tell her that I want her to look at herself in the temple mirror, in all white, and be in awe of the beauty of the work. And when she teaches Investigatores in the field to picture them in white, picture them being baptized and leading them to the temple. Not as a number, but as a child of God.

Sorry I ran out of time to talk about anything else. But I want you all to know that God loves you, with a PERFECT Love! And he wants to hear from you everyday.

I Love You All!

Love Always,
                      Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment