Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Baptism of Mari Campos!

Hola,

Okay, last week I focused on the story of Alfonso, but also last Saturday was the Baptism of Mari Campos. She is a woman of strong faith and diligence. I wont go into the details of the back story of her life, because I feel like it is too much personal information. But, just know that she is a great example of someone overcoming trials, and putting one foot forward at a time everyday, knowing that God is aware of her and her children as well.

Here is a photo of us from her Baptism day, outside of the Hermosillo, Senora - Mexico Temple.


Me and My Companion sang at the Baptism. Yeah I know... Im not the first one to offer to sing. But we sang, "Yo se que vive mi SeƱor" = "I know that My Redeemer Lives". And as we stood in front of everyone, Alfonso and Mari were on the front row right in front of us in white. And it didnt matter that Im not a super star at singing. The lyrics were what are important. The journey of their lives to get them to the point of baptism, forgiven of their sins, and moving towards a brighter future. 

She was confirmed a member of the church yesterday in Sacrament. She has two sons, Erwin (who is in the picture here), and Santiago (who is her five month old baby). And Santiago was blessed yesterday. So it was a super happy day!  :)

My Companion, Hermana Juarez, and me yesterday on Easter. We didnt wake up to the Easter Bunny... but it was still a great day.  ;)  And we can all look the other way and ignore the blonde streaks in my hair. Ha ha.


Christ is our Redeemer, he suffered for our sins, short comings and infirmities. He did it for all of us, but he would have done it if it was just YOU. His love is perfect, and so is his plan. I hope that we can all appreciate the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and become better every day.

P.S. Next week is Transfer Day... Ah, I dont know!

I Love You All!

Love Always,
                    Hermana Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment