Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What if He comes tomorrow?


Hola,

​I took this picture when I was serving in Hermosillo, but it was when I was on a bus heading to a Zone Meeting. It says, "Jesus Christ is Coming".

When I was taking the picture there was a young boy in front of the bus who said "What happened?!" He thought I was taking a picture of an accident or something of that nature. Which I thought was ironic. Because there are so many people who dont know that Jesus Christ IS Coming!

I dont want to be completely blindsided by the second coming. I want to be comfortable with my actions. I want to be found attending church, I want to be caught in the act of serving my neighbor. So what if he comes tomorrow. There are still signs that are lacking, so it isnt literally tomorrow. But we dont know exactly when that day will be.

So NOW is the time to prepare. I loved when the Temple President from the Brigham City Temple spoke in the Singles Ward. He said something along the lines of, "I can promise you that when the Savior comes again, your Stake Presidents and Bishops wont be in their offices signing your Temple Reccomend!" So with that being said, are you ready if he came today? Where do you falter?

Something that I have come to appreciate more since I have been on my mission is the sacredness of the sacrament. I am as guilty as the next person when there are times that I would think "Oh-kay, who did the pinch and tear method for the bread?! Nobody likes the overly pinched bread!" "Okay who brought the seedy bread?!" "Why is the cup half full of water, am I suppose to lick it out?!" Fine, maybe I am the only one who cant stay focused.

But the Sacrament is a grand priviledge that we have to Renew, and Remember our Baptisimal Covenants. That we can focus on Jesus Christ. That we can we forgiven for where we falter, and that we can work towards being better tomorrow. That we have a loving Savior who gave his life for us, so that we can one day return to him and his Father, our Loving Father in Heaven.

So... What if he comes tomorrow?! I want to be excited, not ashamed. I want to be rooting, not running.

So... let us all prepare better, TODAY!!!  :D

P.S. Elder Holland is my FAVORITE!!! Whenever I am down in the mission, I read one of his many beautiful talks. It doesnt matter if he was selling tupperwear in his talk, it makes me want to be a better person. And it gets me PUMPED!

Love Always,
                    Hermana Smith      

No comments:

Post a Comment