Monday, December 30, 2013

Feliz Navidad

Mi Familia y Amigos,

Ah, we were given twenty minutes to e-mail today, so it is all in a rush, and I don't even know where to begin.

But, I want you all to know that I KNOW the church is true. Today marks one week for me being in the MTC, and my heart is full! Jesus Christ is our Savior, he did the work, and now it is up to us to apply it. Heavenly Father is loving, merciful, and aware of our every need.

We recently talked about angels at the Manger. And I hope that we can all symbolically be at the sided of the manger this Christmas, joining in the praises of "I Believe in Christ"! I know that he was sent to earth humbly, to ease our burdens.

Last night we watched Mr.Kreuguers Christmas, which is a stinkin sad show. But if you know of someone who is alone today, please extend your love to them. It could be to a widow in your ward, or a Single Mom down the street, or whoever you feel so impressed to reach out to. Christmas is about Christ, Charity, Love, and Service.

Can I just say that I LOVE Missionary Work! I mean you know that a structured day, gives me chills. And yes I know, I know, I am only at the MTC phase, but even practicing teaching Investigators I get SO excited and invested in their potential.

I have been SO humbled and touched by being a District Leader and Sister Training Leader. I feel like a District Learner more than a District Leader, because the Hermanas of my District teach me so much each day. I started one on one interviews with each Hermana throughout the week, and it is amazing to discuss our trials, strengths, and life experiences that have reached us to this point. Clearly I do not hold the Preisthood, but the power of prayer is real. The most eloquent prayers I have ever given is kneeling with an Hermana in my District asking for our Heavenly Father to bless her, and that is when I know the words weren't mine.

I wanted to attach a picture, but since they are having all of the missionaries e-mail home in such a short period of time, they don't want us to attach pictures to prevent a potential system overload/crash.

Sorry my e-mail is so all over the place. But... West Campus is great, I am not on the main MTC. I live in Wyview apartments, we have our own cafeteria, gyms (blown up bubbles), etc. But it is great, because ALL of West Campus is Spanish Speaking, so it is great to incorporate the Spanish we learn at lunch and everywhere we go.

I don't know if I can adequately express the heightened love and strength that I feel as a Missionary. Every prayer in the behalf of Missionaries counts, and I feel them, and they bring me to a greater lever.

The Spanish Language is a beautiful language, and my fluidity will come in time I am sure.

I want you each to know how much I love and appreciate you. I will not be sending out a weekly e-mail to you all until I am in the field (because I don't have enough time to read all the e-mail that could be sent), but I did want to include you in on my Christmas e-mail. And, don't forget about the 'Dear Elder' (www.dearelder.com) mailing system. For those who have used it so far, Thank You! I am the one who gets mail everyday for our District, so don't let me leave with a tear. ;) Joke.

La Iglesia es verdadero, El libro es Azul.

Love Always,
                       Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment