Monday, December 30, 2013

Elder Bednar came on Christmas Day!

Dearest familia,

Whoa-kay Elder Bednar was the speaker on Christmas Day AH-MAZ-ING!!! That was FOR SURE the highlight of Christmas Day. He is definately a man of God. He speaks with such authority, yet he delivers it so down to earth. Elder Bednar taught us the 
Principle: We are "Blessed with moral Agency through Jesus Christ. To ACT and not just be ACTED Upon."
Application: Ask Questions. "All questions are good, no hesitation needed. INSPIRED QUESTIONS are with THE PERSON, PLACE, & AT THAT TIME it is placed. Inspired questions are the best questions."

Then they passed out 200 cellphones into the audience. And Bednar said, "Don't you dare call home!' "If you do I will hunt you down and do bad things to you." Of course this was done in a joking/lighthearted manner. The phones were used to text questions to the ipad that Elder Bednar was holding, and then the foreign MTC's that were watching it live (all but two MTC's) were given an e-mail address to send questions to the ipad. He emphasized the importance of applying inspired questions, now was not the time to ask "Where is Laban's Sword?!" Answer: "I don't know, and I don't care." Now is the time to use the characteristics of an inspired question.

I don't have time to send all of my notes, because I was so into his talk that I couldn't even look up for most of the talk, I have five pages of notes. It was SO amazing! It was the closest thing to having a one on one talk with an apostle, he made you feel so involved. I was given a phone and texted in a question, but I guess it just wasn't inspired enough.  ;) 

Some of the questions asked:
Q: "Why do I feel so inadequate?"
A: "You realize how great the work you are about to do really is."

Q: "What is your favorite Scripture, and why?"
A: "I have many favorites, one is 3 Nephi 11:14-17" - The Savior Speaking (So I encourage you do look those scriptures up)
- He taught the application of it saying they met "one by one"
Ex: "You never will teach a family of 7, you will teach 7 "ones" in a family."
Ex: "You do not speak to a congregation (of 183) you speak to 183 "ones"." 

"If you will sincerely seek to understand the strengthening power of the Atonement, you will come to know that you can do it."- Elder David A. Bednar
"Don't let discouragement become Dysfunctional." - Sister Susan Bednar


Below is a cliche picture of me with the Map on Main Campus. Main Campus is like a mini field trip here, it is a lot bigger than west campus. I thought it was funny when people said you could gain weight at the MTC. We went to lunch at Main Campus today for p-day and yeah... you could for sure gain weight at main campus MTC. But, not as much at West Campus, their meals are straight forward, not a lot of options.




I refer to this bus as the "Smmmoulder Bus". It is a BYU Bus that we take to Main Campus for Devotionals and stuff, and I just don't get why they are so intense as they advertise for the BYU Bookstore. Ha ha.




This is me and my District, ah I love them all SO much! (Hermana Gentry, Hermana Wood, Hermana Deeks, Me, Hermana Evans, & the other Hermana Smith).




Well I love you all, and keep doing the "little things" in life, which really are the BIG things! Say your prayers EVERY SINGLE DAY. Your Heavenly Father loves you, and wants to hear from you, council with him, and everything will work out how it should. 

Love Always,
                    Hermana Smith     

No comments:

Post a Comment